Helmke Sartorius von Bach | Jul 1, 2020 | 0
Members of the St Mark African Episcopal Church welcomed Mrs. Martina Hückmann and German Ambassador, HE Onno Hückmann in Gibeon earlier this year to receive a gift of several musical instruments. Chairman of the church board, Mr. DT Fleermuys hosted the ambassador and his wife. The donation consists of of six trumpets, two bass tubas, two French horns, one complete drum kit, a loudspeaker system and a keyboard at a value of about Eur8000. The musical instruments were handed over by Ambassador Hückmann during a special “Dedication Ceremony”to the chairperson of the church board, Mr. D.T. Fleermuys. The Gibeon Brass Band was established in the 1950s by late Reverend Markus Witbooi (1885-1969).